With the structure of your swimming pool still intact, it doesn’t make any sense to have it torn out and a new one installed just because you no longer like the way it looks. Instead, consider some innovative ways to give it new life. When you work with a professional pool builder, there are no limitations as to what you can accomplish.
- Water Feature – An excellent and popular option is to add a water feature. With this, you can choose something that adds personality to your existing swimming pool or a feature that becomes the focal point. Whether a cascading waterfall or a color-changing geyser, this will make all the difference in the world.
- Specialty Lighting – Today, you have an abundance of lighting options. Depending on the look you’re going for, you can choose something soft and subtle, colorful and fun, or bold and bright.
- Pool Tile – Something as simple as swapping out the current tile is another great way to change the appearance of your swimming pool. You can select wood, rock, decorative concrete, or actual tile. Typically, a professional pool builder can have this type of project finished quickly, so you can continue entertaining family and friends.
- Outdoor Fireplace – Why not have an outdoor fireplace built close to your pool? Although California isn’t known for being cold, this is a great way to stay warm on a cooler night after getting out of the swimming pool.
- Hot Tub – You might also consider having a hot tub built, so it sits adjacent to the pool. That allows people to choose whether they want to relax in hot water or take a dip in cool water.
- Coverage – If you don’t have any shade trees in your backyard, why not have a remote cover added over the pool that you can keep open or shut. With this, you can have as much sun or shade that you want while enjoying your swimming pool.